top of page

KYLE - My Thanksgiving Baby

My only son Kyle's 34th birthday was yesterday, November 24, 2018. He transitioned from this life at the age of 29 years old on July 1, 2014, over 4 years ago. Six months after his transition I was inspired to launch Awake 2 Oneness Radio and founded a non-profit organization in his memory, The KYLE Foundation (Keep Your Light Expanding). Kyle is my Thanksgiving baby and Thanksgiving Day is my absolute favorite holiday. I love it so much because it is a day that family and friends come together to be Thankful and I know how important it is to be Thankful in every Now moment. I had my first medium reading with Suzanne Giesemann on Kyle's birthday in 2016 which also happened to be Thanksgiving Day that year. During that first reading we experience Electronic Voice Phenomenon (EVP), Kyle came though and you can hear his voice in the audio recording. Since then I have a reading on his birthday every year. Before Kyle was born, in a dream, he gave me the name Kyle. I knew from my first ultrasound that I was having a boy; however had no idea what I would name him. Kyle's spirit came to me in a dream when I was 7 months pregnant and told me to name him Kyle. Never realizing at that time his name would become so significant to me. When Kyle was born the doctor told me that he had a hole in his heart, a heart murmur, which is very common in new born babies. The doctor told me it was nothing to concern myself about; that the hole would close on its own within a year. Kyle was such an easy going, carefree, happy baby that loved to be held by any and everyone. He slept through the night and hardly ever cried. This was so surprising to me because Kyle was not my first baby. My daughter was 4 years older than Kyle and the exact opposite; she cried all the time, never slept at night and would not let anyone hold her except for me or her father. Kyle's personality never changed as he grew-up; as a child he was extremely active and was always getting into everything. He was the most kindhearted, gentle and loving little boy. In his teenage years he grew very tall and put on a lot of weight from working at a fast-food restaurant. This also surprised me because I never thought Kyle would ever be heavy because he was such a "toothpick" as a child. He actually liked being "big" and because of his size he played football in high school. I think he liked being "big" because he wanted to be the protector for me, his sister and all of his friends. However, even though he was "big" he still had the most gentle heart, he was just a big teddy bear, a gentle giant. Also he liked being "big" because his passion was protecting others; he became a professional security guard and loved his career. As a young adult Kyle did pick up some unhealthy lifestyle habits; he moved away from home and began to live with friends right after high school. He ate mostly fast food and began to smoke in his late teens. He was very healthy, never sick and very active up until he was 26 and physical exams did not detect anything wrong with his heart even when he was playing football in high school. Nevertheless, in February 2011 he went to the emergency room because he was experiencing shortness of breath and that is when he was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure (CHF). It was not easy for a 26 year old that had been healthy and active all of his life to change his lifestyle. He did not heed the doctor's suggestions and advice for changing his lifestyle and he did not want to move back home with me. He wanted to ignore his diagnosis and return to life as usual. After a few months he almost passed away in December 2011. Doctors did not think he was going to live and asked me if they could take him off life-support which he had been on for 2 weeks. I refused to have him taken off life-support and tried to take my own life by taking a bottle of over-the-counter sleeping pills in the hospital waiting room. I wrote a suicide note, "I will not bury my son; my son will bury me!" Miraculously I survived and Kyle took himself off life-support! It was a true medical miracle; doctors were astonished when Kyle pulled out the ventilator and feeding tubes himself and his vital signs were all perfect. One doctor told me "It was like he was never even sick." Kyle and I both went home on December 30, 2011 and rang in the New Year together at home. There are no words that can express how grateful and Thankful I was to bring my son home that day. I made a promise to God that day that no matter what happens from then on I would NEVER stop Thanking Him for allowing me to bring my son home that day. Over two years later on April 3, 2014 when Kyle was being taken back to the hospital I had not forgotten my promise to God and I was still Thanking Him even as the ambulance was driving him away. Kyle was in the hospital the last three months of his life in this physical realm and when he did transition to spirit I was at peace. I was at peace because I KNEW it was our soul plan we had together, I KNEW he was not gone and still right here with me and I KNEW it was his soul's choice to go at that time. Kyle's last words to me were "Ma, I don't want you to wait alone." And when I spoke at his funeral service I looked towards his casket and said "I'll never be alone, because I KNOW you are always still with me." Kyle Ronald Chang

3 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page